Wednesday, September 30, 2009

seagulls


Do you ever have moments/days where you wonder what would have happened if you had chosen a different track? If you'd chosen a different career? How life would be?
This morning I heard of a "friend" who is now doing incredibly in her career.. shes a photographer/ journalist and has the social life to go with it, money, shopping, freedom, time. And whilst I wiped the goo from Amahli's nose for the umpteenth time, emptied the potty ( of which I am very proud but its still not a great job), I wonder what my life would have been like had I chosen a different path. Now dont get me wrong I wouldnt change my life for anything. My kids are the absolutely loves of my life ( and daddy too of course) but sometimes I feel like I havent achieved all I wanted to and I ( like all of us!) and getting older.

I was caught in a slump this morning, kids seemed to pick up on it ( arent they truly awesome little people?) and found ways to amuse themselves....






And so, for lunch, I decided to take them down to the water in town and meet daddy and let them run loose. Its such a fun thing to watch them chase seagulls and be free to run. I love that they have no inhibitions. I love watching people laughing at them race back and forth, completely out of breath but still running. I love how they enjoy such simple pleasures as chasing seagulls.
















Sitting there, I realised how blessed I am. I have a wonderful, full, happy life. I have three amazing, smart, funny and loving children. I have a great husband who works hard and has job security so I dont have to work.....And really its only me who holds me back from doing all I want to do. And, after enrolling Jumeirah for school next year this morning, I know my time will come sooner than I really want it to. And I will be able to do the things I want to achieve.


And I know, I will miss chasing the seagulls :)







No comments:

Post a Comment