Thursday, December 3, 2009

happy birthday sweet girl



Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world.”

5. How the heck did you become so amazing in 5 short years???
I am utterly blown away by you.You are thoughtful, kind, caring, sweet and funny. I'd like to think I had something to do with that but mostly I know, its just you :)

And so we celebrated this lovely little girl today. She went to preschool ( yep I had to cut the first of some strings today, I offered her everything to stay home and celebrate with me but she really wanted to go. I know she had the best day) and had her first preschool concert where she read if front of everyone for the first time. I thought I would burst :)



We came home and decorated her cake with smarties and freckles. We had a special dinner. We raced down the hill in boxes.




We watched a movie I made of her life so far. And I know I am the luckiest.

And now that its over, I can finally say that Rosalina was a big hit. The second pattern was so much better than the first one I posted.
So here it is :) The pattern. The tutorial
Its all done in photos and even for the worlds worst sewer, I found this worked so well.
And she is well loved already. Just like my big girl :)




I only have fairy wings to go! yay me!

HOW THE HECK DO I DO THOSE???

3 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely, lovely!
    i'm jennifer...YOUR mum's friend in a.d...
    i've enjoyed your blog. but i haven't seen it in a week or so. you're so creative. (it's obviously in the genes!)

    happy belated birthday to your first...
    i can't believe how old she has gotten (but then again, i say the same about mine....)
    xoxo jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jennifer!!
    glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just now catching up, tootsie! I am MOST impressed with Rosalina! After watching the DVD of how to make these dolls, I've been sitting in the closet sucking my thumb for awhile! WHEW I'm impressed! The fairy party was AWESOME! Happy birthday Jumeirah! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete