Tuesday, September 7, 2010

pastel and paint

Today we had a beach discovery day.. we found shells and crabs, threw rocks into rock pools just to see how much we could splash each other, we chased and laughed and relaxed :)
The most perfect morning :) Have I told you lately how much I love living coastside ;)?? Probably, sorry....

So today I am revisiting a craft we did last year.. something we will try again tomorrow!!
Hope you have fun with it too :)



Simple Saturday I love Saturdays.. Daddy is at home so I dont get much of a look in with any of my three kids :) Crafty things are fairly simple on Saturday as mostly they are happy to trail behind him like a little row of ducks.. noisy, giggly ducks. This morning though, daddy decides to go for a run, leaving little ducks screaming at the front door. One goes to bed, one (who still isnt that well) finds a stack of books, his pillow, blanks and "honey" (dummy) and flakes out on the lounge, the last asks for some black paint and crayons. I get out the pastels and ask her what she has planned for the black paint. But I am told to "just watch" and so I decide to trust this little creative sod and join her. I am told to cover the piece of paper in pastel colouring in. This in itself is very therapeutic. I am quite possibly the worst drawer ever so to colour without a plan is perfect for me :) I LOVE colour, and these pastels are so awesome to colour with as they are smooth on the paper and bright on the eye.




Once completely covered in colour, she begins to paint over the page with black paint. I do the same. Once the whole page is covered in black paint, she gets two skewers and we begin to draw in the black paint. ( We actually did this craft ages ago, but I was surprised she remembered it. Last time we had a craft disaster with the black paint, a sneezing fit, a not quite 2yr old, very pale new carpet in a very new rental... it really wasnt good or something I ever wanted to do again) I wasnt happy with my picture (of course, the perfectionist in me really should just shut up) but Jumeirah told me this was ok, and repainted my page in black paint and WOW! brand new canvas to draw with :) I love the results of these pictures. Hers with the swirls, mine with the fireworks.


" You did a very good job Mum. Not quite as good as me, but its a good job." I love simple Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment