Monday, September 20, 2010

take time

Today I needed to stop... I had a party this morning and it wasnt until I got home this arvo after picking Jumeirah up from school that quite possibly I have been holding my breath for days.... so instead of picking up my camera to click away to show you how much fun we had, I just went and had fun :)

After jumping my heart out my chest on the trampoline, Jumeirah noticed we have our first two gerbras since last season. Very exciting as one is yellow! I havent had one of those before. The colour of these gorgeous blooms is really just amazing. Its so incredibly vivid that often a camera doesnt get its full effect. But this arvo,Jumeirah told me to go get the camera so I grabbed my new and incredibly cheap macro (well, sort of) lens and took this photo.

september 676

I absolutely love it :) And with my three kids all climbing over me to sit in my lap, we sat and admired this beautiful little flower.
Its times like this I need to remember to stop, switch off from the things that crowd my brain and just enjoy the moment. They pass all too quickly....

2 comments:

  1. This shot is beautiful! You definitely have a gift for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kim! its taken with the macro lens you showed me :)
    turned out better than I thought it would!!

    ReplyDelete